Monday 8 June 2009

Tea's Me, please!



You should have included this in your book, complained my new friend.
She was absolutely right.
Tea’s Me is one of those small hidden places that deserves to be found. This little Notting Hill café - just of Ladbroke Grove few minutes walk from the station – would definitely have made it into my book if I had only known about it back then.
To make it up to the readers I am recommending Tea’s Me as the very first thing on my blog.
It’s tiny, stylish, charming and stuffed with personality thanks to the owner Carla.
I completely get why this is a favourite among the locals. I am going back to enjoy hummus for lunch or afternoon tea served in beautiful floral china in pastel colours. But most of all I am going back for another chat with Carla. With so many Starbucks and other chains around it is such a pleasure to meet a passionate owner of an independent café. Sitting around one big table makes the visit even more personal. Like having tea in Carla’s private kitchen.
And her love of art is also worth mentioning. Check out the quirky piece with spinning teacup hanging on the wall.

Tea’s Me, 129 A Ladbroke Grove, Notting Hill (Tube: Ladbroke Grove)

No comments:

Post a Comment