Tuesday 9 June 2009

A place to go but not at all dressed up

There are days when even London’s amazing range of shopping let you down. Just returned from such a day. As my big birthday party approaches my hunt for the dress gets more and more desperate.
I must say I had high hopes when I headed for fabulous Harvey Nichols. But even though the city seems to be wearing nothing but dresses I couldn’t find a single one I liked. Okay maybe one in Marni, where the prices don’t match a recessionista’s shopping style. And I will spare you for details on all the reasons for ditching the other frocks from Vivienne Westwood, Vanessa Bruno etc. But it had to do with various parts of my body. At one point I was even trapped inside an orange dress in All Saints. I was so wrapped up in the various layers of fabric I nearly shouted “get me out of here”. I managed to pull it off and pull my self together.
Afterwards my attempt to find a fashionable, cheap copy in Zara failed too.
But luckily there is my new back-up LBD (little black dress) supplier – Whistles. Ever since Jane Shepardson (TopShop guru) took over the brand just gets more and more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment