Monday 15 June 2009

Got it!

Just want to bring a small update. I found the dress!
I had to sneak into the dangerously expensive Matches, where I haven't dared to go for ages.
But I had several good reasons. 1) You only turn 40 ones. 2) On that day my paper was running a cover story “Recession is over”. Those few magical words can easily be transformed to “ It's time to wake up the shopaholic from hibernation”.
In the meantime my branch in Richmond have started stocking more of the "less expensive" design from sister brands like Marc by Marc Jacobs.
So at my party I danced for four hours in my new peach See by Chloé dress in a pair of too high sandals from last year. Sometime new + last season = recession proof.
As a result my feet are sore and covered in blisters. But it's worth it.
I do however wonder if I should also have bought those tower high, fantastic, gold Louboutin I was given as "test" shoes when trying on the dress.
Maybe you don't get blisters in the Louboutin world. You never hear Carrie complains

No comments:

Post a Comment