Monday 24 May 2010

Tuna in a can - Paris part 2





Feeling slightly hung over ( a visit to the Hotel Amour will do that to you) eating something salty was top on my list the first full day in Paris (and the second for that matter). I imagined some "frites", but after a browse in the Isabel Marant's shop on Rue Jacobs on the left bank we found ourselves sitting amongst local people in the old bistro La Palette. It opened in 1902 and is still as original and French as you could ever wish for.
I have been there before and the local woman who took me there the first time preferred this old haunt to the two more famous Cafe Flores and Les Deux Margots, which attracts more tourists.
Well back to my craving for something salty.
La Palette has one of those typical French bistro menus where everything seems to come with an egg.
I ordered THON BLANCH avec PAIN GRILLé. And that was what I got. Nothing else.
Just take a look at the photo. You have to love French simplicity.

The best thing was that the quality tuna was actually quite salty.

Isabel Marant
1, rue Jacob
75006 paris
www.isabelmarant.tm.fr

La Palette
43 rue de Seine corner of Rue Jacob

1 comment:

  1. Les sneakers Isabel Marant sont vraiment fabuleux, toujours été mon préféré! http://www.isabelmarantchaussures.net/.

    ReplyDelete