Tuesday 25 May 2010

A nice cuppa



Don't you just hate those kind of people, who keep talking about all the cocktails, they have been consuming.
I am afraid that will be ME.
At least recently. Normally I don't drink that much ( No seriously!).
But some how all good things seem to be happening right now.
Between Paris and the big SATC 2 weekend coming up I really needed to go for something without alcohol.
So today I had a tranquil experience at the TeaSmith, a nice chat with John "the owner" and several very tasty and delicious cups of teas.
I went as part of my research for an article about extraordinary tea experiences. This is the place to go if you want to have chilled white Oolong Tea (brewed on cold water), perfectly heated Jasmine tea and other fine teas served by a man, who knows all about pleasing the taste buds.
The Scottish tea expert himself is married to a Japanese woman, goes to China and Japan a lot and keep everything very authentic and simple.
- It's all about the liquid and less about the pastries, as John says.

www.teasmith.co.uk
6 Lamb Street
London E1 6EA

No comments:

Post a Comment