Sunday 18 April 2010

The silver lining in the volcano cloud

As some of my best friends are stranded in Florida and Denmark leaving a trail of cancelled events, I have been looking for the silver lining in the volcano clouds.
I should have been having brunch today with my good friend. But like so many other Brits she and her family are stranded in Paradise a.k.a Miami. And I should have been shopping, eating, hanging out, and catching up and so much more with one of my best Danish friend. It sucks.
On the other hand a volcano eruption and a strange ash cloud it’s no body’s fault and when your schedule is being turned upside down there is room for the unexpected.
To find that silver lining you don’t have to use our eyes. Just tune in your ears. The place to be this gorgeous sunny weekend is by the river in Richmond or in Kew Gardens, where planes usually spoil these idyllic London villages by the Thames.
No planes in the sky = total bliss!

Ps. This might cause a political awakening in these suburbs. Please move Heathrow airport or at least stop making any more runways!

No comments:

Post a Comment