Wednesday 8 September 2010

Dolls in wolves clothes




Well, that was a long holiday. Hope you had a good one. I certainly did and I came across some interesting places I would love to share. Some cool art in the South of France and a to die for collection of 50s and 60s interior stuff in a garage in a tiny town in Denmark.
I will come back to that.
But now I am just so excited to be back in London and thinking about this month, which will be all about design and art, when the London Design Festival kicks off.
First thing on my agenda is an extremely exciting exhibition "In Wolves Clothing: Re-imagining the Doll" opening at the SHOWstudio.com Shop on 1-9 Bruton Place this week.
Fashion photographer Nick Knight, designer duo Viktor & Rolf, Laurie Simmons and Peter Jensen and the Danish artist Lone Sigurdsson will be showing.
She is making some fascinating sculptures and works closely with fashion and has sculptured dolls and dresses for the designer Hussein Chalayan.
I am looking forward to meeting these dolls in wolves clothes, Barbie and Rubbish Finger Puppets.

9th of September - 30th October
www.shop.showstudio.com

1 comment: