Thursday 9 September 2010

A trip back in time





Haven't forgotten about my holiday and my promise about sharing some of the interesting things I came across. Although it doesn't take long to be back in the daily hustle and bustle.
Well I know you are not likely to be in the little Danish town Braedstrup, Jutland, that often. But if you happen to be and are interested in interior vintage from the 50s, 60s and 70s you should check out a very amazing garage sale.
It is like going back in time. The owner Sune has collected so much nostalgic stuff from Panton lamps to flowery duvet covers that I for a moment thought I was about to go camping in the early seventies.
My visit to the garage sparked so many memories about my childhood... well the pictures sort of speak for themselves.

It is kitsch, cool, great design finds and best of all much cheeper than if you went into a similar shop in Copenhagen or New York.

Retro Garagen, Søgade 22, Brædstrup, tel. + 45 75782266

Open: Saturday and sunday 11-15
(or call Sune to make an appointment)

No comments:

Post a Comment