Wednesday 14 July 2010

Cool summer reading




I just watched An Education on dvd yesterday evening.
Such a lovely film and it inspired me to change my life and go to Paris, smoke cigarettes (even though I have sworn never ever to start that bad habit again) and talk about literature all day long before getting glammed up for the opera at night.
But perhaps I don't have to go to the drastic life change.
I believe you can have everything, if you settle for small amounts of each thing and don't except to do it all at the same time.
With that home made life philosophy in mind I have decided to forget about the cigarettes and opera and just read some books.
And the other day I found myself in (not Paris) but a little green park near Chelsea Habor. With an extra hour to kill I camped in a shady spot on the grass and started reading ONE DAY by David Nicholls,
London has all those lovely green spots and amazing parks. Even my little local Terrace Gardens i Richmond have deck chairs.
Perfect spot for a picnic with books (just don't go after school hours).

My books for this summer are:

Juliet (Julie in Danish) by Anne Fortier. Modern Romeo and Juliet story written by a fellow Dane in English. And it is coming out in US this fall. Anne is already being treated like a rock star by her publisher Harper Collins. Can't wait to read it.

Purge by Sofi Oksanen
I am not really into crime novels, but this one should be really cool. And the author she is Finnish and totally goth.


How did you get this number by Sloane Crosley.
I read about it in Grazia and it is about life i NYC. Need I say more?

I will cook some of Sophie Dahls delights from
Miss Dahls Voluptuous Delights. When I am too lazy to figure out the English cups and pounds, I will get my hands on the Danish translation Sophie Dahls Frydefulde fristelser.

and I will also travel around Europe with Jamie Oliver and his latest "Jamie does...". It's great.

Finally I will move into the super cool "The Selby is in your Place".

No comments:

Post a Comment