Monday 30 November 2009

Shops for book lovers



It’s hard to resist the “2 for 3” deals at Waterstones, which is a great place to fill a shopping basket with books. But for real book lovers nothing compares to the small independent books shops. I have a few favourites around London. John Sandoe just off Kings Road is a true gem. The people working there are so passionate about their jobs that I want to stay and apply for a position between all the piles and piles of books. Or it would be even better if I could have my own bookshop. I wouldn’t mind running a places like Fosters’ Bookshop on Chiswick Highroad - another cute little shop that makes you dream about reading Keats poetry for hours (a girl is allowed to dream). The sister shop at 95 Bell Street over by Marylebone Station is also worth visiting. These are all good old-fashioned bookshops where time stands still and words and imagination rules.
www.fostersbookshop.co.uk www.johnsandoe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment