Monday 28 September 2009

Drawing for grown ups


I have briefly mentioned that Whistles is on to something and I must say that the collaboration with Danish artist Birgitte Haahr Lund is spot on. Adding a bit of art to fashion is not a new thing. In fact it was quite hot a few seasons ago. Marc Jacobs had the world clapping (and signing up on waiting lists) when he in 2008 played tribute to the famous graffiti artist and late Stephen Sprouse with a collection of Louis Vuitton bags, scarfs and clothes with bold pink graffiti prints. The two worked together back in 2000 and the prints were reprints.
Sorry I got a bit side tracked here. I meant to tell you that Birgitte Haahr Lund has yet again being drawing on a T-shirt in Whistles. This time the grey 80s style T-shirt with a sipper in the back is decorated with a quirky creature and the artist’s own signature. I don’t have a photo yet, but to give you a sense of the style I am doing a re-run of the bird tee... with kind permission from Birgitte herself.

www.birgittelund.dk

No comments:

Post a Comment