Thursday 3 September 2009

Dining underground

It’s one of those trends that make you think: What’s the big deal, I dine in homely environment most nights = in my own kitchen. Never the less have underground dinning become a big deal in London these days, because everyone tries to be economic chic. First there was “eating out is the new eating in” slogan. But honestly serving your own pasta and tomato sauce for your self in your own house doesn’t really compare to the thrill of scrolling down a menu, which is probably why someone came up with the idea of going out to dinner in some strangers home.
We are not just talking very secret pop up restaurants, that pop up and away before you even realized they were there. This time is private people and self-taught chefs who are whipping up a dinner in their own kitchen for people they have never met before. Addresses are announced on Facebook and Twitter. If is secret it's cool seems to be the rule.
I actually know an even more cool and secret private restaurant. It’s so secret it’s not even open yet. But I know that my friend in Strawberry Hill makes a killer Thai Curry and I will let you know as soon as she takes reservations...stayed tuned. Casa Blanco will soon be the hot spot!

Here are some of the underground restaurants I have come across ( I found them in my weekly fashion/gossip treat Grazia.

The Underground Restaurant: Marmitelover.blogspot.com
The Loft: nunomendes.co.uk
Savoy Truffler Supperclub: savoytrufflesupperclub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment