Wednesday 2 June 2010

When pizzas became hot




It used to be an old night club with a bit of a reputation, now it is a hip hang out in Shoreditch. No wonder Pizza East has become so popular. The atmosphere is buzzing, the decor is super cool with brick walls, big windows, iron lamps, visible pizza oven and a huge bar in the middle.
I have eaten there twice in a week. First stop was a lunch where I went for seabass carpaccio with fennel seeds and a beet root salad. It was lovely, but my eyes kept following all the thin pizza that landed on the tables around me.
So naturally I had pizza when my good friend from Denmark treated me to a belated birthday dinner this Saturday.
Post SATC 2 film (big film, small story as we agreed) we were in need of something cheesy and salty. And the pizzas were light, tasty and everything we needed. The atmosphere was amazing and the staff was chatty, witty and observant - so when the waiter brought us a bottle in stead of just two glasses of wine (which we ordered), we decided to go for it. "Why not" - after all everything is happening in Shoreditch as we were told by a woman in the bar.

Pizza East
www.pizzaeast.com
56 Shoreditch High Street
London E1
020 7729 1888

No comments:

Post a Comment