Thursday 11 February 2010

Happy Chinese New Year


Have all your new years resolutions turned into disappointments. Again. Just like last year. Well, you are probably not alone, and I have a good idea. Celebrate Chinese New Year on Sunday. (Yes I know that it is also Valentines Day). But the idea of getting a second chance to a fresh start of the year appeals to me.
I went to a pre-New Years dinner a Chinese friend’s house the other day. Got a delicious meal, a good luck orange and learned that I am a chicken and my husband is a monkey (according to the Chinese lunar Calendar).
A good place to celebrate the start of the Year of the Tiger and Valentine’s Day for that matter is at the gorgeously sexy Hakkasan. Although they have let me know by taking the yummy tea smoked Duck Salad of the menu I can always be tempted by the dim sum platter.

8 Han Place (an alley off Oxford Street near Tottenham Court Road Tube). London.
www.hakkasan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment